Friday 25 September 2015

Short Film Analysis (Summary)

From the ten short films I have analysed, I have studied the various technique the film-makers as well as the actors have used in order to present their stories. Theses techniques regarding the ways the creative team behind their short films utilises cinematography,sound and mise en scene in order to uniquely present their world and characters.

After reviewing these short films, my vision for my own product will be inspired by some creative choices other film-makers have made on their media products. In particular "Lights Out" regarding the ways the director has chosen to hide the identity of the threat within the narrative in order to create suspense and build ambiguity throughout the story; this will influence the mindset I should bare throughout all of the stages of production, delving deep into what it is I desire within my execution of my media product. I aim to create an immersive world by utilising specific colours within my cinematography and infuse specific sounds within the sound mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment