Wednesday 9 September 2015

Project Development - Short List: Idea number one

I've created outlines for two ideas for my short-film, which I must decide on which of the two I want to make. Both are very different but equally great stories. 



As stated in the notes, this idea is a comedy called "Marvin Brix" that revolves round the themes of appearance. A concept that is well known to us all and has had a major significants within our society today; through the media influencing our minds to have fixed perceptions on whats attractive and whats un-attractive. Social media being a unfortunate predicament is this dilemma as we tend to have no choice but to present ourselves in a particular image as society would deem appealing as they simple judge at first glance. This is an idea that I wanted to address in this short-film which is what lured my attention to this project.

Inspiration


"Frank" is a film that addresses similar ideas as my idea for "Marvin Brix". The idea of "Frank" deals with a bunch of social outcasts that find one another and create unique music that reflects their odd but creative talents.

This film is my prime inspiration for "Marvin Brix" as it address dark themes through a comedic tone that helps audiences engage with it's ideas without feeling discomforted by the depressing themes.



Despite my love and ambition for this story; I don't feel that it is the right idea to produce for my A2 coursework as believe that the film tonally would seem far too ambitious and therefore would be difficult to convey any symbolic or indexical signs as audiences would be too distracted by the far fetched nature of the story. Which is why the story of "Marvin Brix" will be a passion project that should be produced at a time when I feel it is best suited.


No comments:

Post a Comment