Sunday 8 November 2015

Poster Analysis (Summary)

From the ten posters I have analysed, I have examined the ways in which these different media products have promoted and teased their stories within their posters through selective images and texts in order to imply various themes, ideas as well as characters audiences can expect to see from those media products.

The knowledge and understanding I have gathered from the analysis of these ten posters will inform my creativity when designing the layout and design of my own poster for my media product in regards to how I place the images within the poster, as well as for what images and text to include so that the audience can infer the story behind my media product. An example of I a poster that I have found inspiration within my research was the poster for "Ruby Sparks" in regards to the way the poster utilises selective uses of words in order to convey a particular notion regarding the film's characters and story whilst hinting at audiences expectations for a film of it's genre through the justification of the images the poster presents. Every aspect within my poster should provide a particular duty regarding aiding the promotion of my media product by teasing it's characters and story, justified through the research and analysis I have done on the posters on ten real media products.

No comments:

Post a Comment