Saturday 7 November 2015

Film Review (Research & Analysis)


As apart of my coursework, one of the ancillary tasks is to create a film review that will feature within a magazine. For my research, I have gathered a few film reviews from the collection of 'Empire' magazines I have.

From these samples, I will analyse the way in which the editors have decided to layout the various forms of content within the page. All have presented an engaging review that is easy to understand in addition to presenting a professional piece of media that has the sole intention of reflecting a review on a given media product; providing it's reader with necessary information regarding the product, the filmmakers and the overall execution.




From these samples, I have learnt that they all incorporate images related from the media product; either but its self enlarged or included along side with the review itself. This is a clever way of keeping the readers engaged with the written content as they can infer information from the review with actual images associated with the film. 

As for my understanding of film reviews in magazines based on these samples, I believe that my ancillary task will incorporate a similar layout seen in 'Empire' magazine; as they have shown how to visually draw and focus their reader's attention towards content within the page through images and typography.  

No comments:

Post a Comment