Tuesday 17 November 2015

"Pirates of the Caribbean" Review (Analysed)


This is an empire magazine review for "Pirates of the Caribbean" and I found this to be a informative piece of text as I gather research on film reviews. This I found to be insightful as it develops on my pre-existing research from the "Contagion" film review.

Within this review, I found that the ways in which the graphic designers have utilised the various visual points such as fonts and images as I found it to be too messy within this example; ultimately making it seem to overcrowded and unprofessional. 

They all allow the readers to be informed on various aspects of the film, guiding their attention towards quotes and images. However there is so much to be seen and the vast amounts of font sizes makes the review in it's entirety seem visually unappealing.

Ultimately I found this review to have influenced how I should approach organising and laying out my film review as despite these visual elements being a great tool to influence readers to be engaged to my review; it also can have negative implications if it is not handled correctly and will lead to potentially loosing readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment