Tuesday 10 November 2015

Animatic




This animatic for my project 'A Lost Soul' includes sample audio from both myself and my friend Aayush who demonstrate small segments of dialogue between the two characters within the film. The purpose behind this is to test pacing; in addition to the dialogue, I've included sample tracks in order for myself and other viewers to understand what emotions are being portrayed within a being sequence.

What I learned from my animatic is that the overall pacing for my short film is fine, however there are some issues regarding the transitions between a few shots. What I then realised is that within those transitions, particularly with the sequence surrounding the briefcase; I must simply take a master shot instead of taking the scene from multiple angles.  

Overall I have found the animatic very insightful as I have learnt what works and doesn't work in my project, now I can progress to the filming stage knowing what I must do to execute a more cohesive story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment