Thursday 26 November 2015

First Day of Filming

Behind the scenes on "A Lost Soul"


Today I began filming for my short film, within today's shoot we filmed the first half of the basement sequence in the film. The first half of sequence has no dialogue which means that the actor must act solely on his body language and facial expressions. 

The first day of filming was a success as I was captured all that I planned to shoot on time; it was very exciting to see my vision finally coming to life which actor 'Aayush Joshi' executed his role brilliantly so far, adding more humanity to the character as his expresses the character's pain and suffering. During the shoot we did however encounter some technical difficulties as the extension lead malfunctioned, meaning that we have to utilise the limited 2 sockets we had access to on location. These sockets where placed in the oddest places but we had to make do with what we had as the lead running from our equipment was short as well. I ultimately decided to light the set by facing the light against a wall and relying heavily on the white walls to bounce the light to the shot in order to then diffuse the light extra equipment to achieve the look I wanted. 

Another technical fault that surfaced was with my dolly slider, this was meant to be used for the establishing shot. This shot is a rotating pull-back shot, the rigging broke and I had to find an alternative method to achieve my shot. At the end I decided to shoot the establishing shot with a go-pro at a wide frame in 2.7k; the rotating pull-back effect will be digitally inserted within post-production. 


Crew discussing the next shot

First Still of Aayush Joshi as 'Max O'Connor'


Overall, production has begun smoothly on "A Lost Soul" with two more days of shooting left to complete, this has been a great start and currently on track to wrapping up the main unit of principle photography until re-shoots take place in the coming months.





No comments:

Post a Comment