Thursday 1 October 2015

Thriller Genre - Iconography and Sounds




In order to ensure that my short-film has incorporated to relevant codes and conventions within it's story, I have done some research as to what types of iconography and sounds are generally associated with the thriller genre.

This video gave me an insight as to what types of sounds and visual symbols I should include in my story. Ultimately what I realised it that they all help to create an unsettling vibe as the sounds and visuals help present a chilling and tense atmosphere amongst the audience; this is something I plan on emulating within my short-film by using sinister sound effects that relevant to the night and the cold whether; as this will help to bring a chilling sensation to the audience as they can infer these sounds to a cold lonely night.

No comments:

Post a Comment