Thursday 29 October 2015

Location Scouting (Basement) - Idea no.2



This is an actual basement for a mansion that is associated with my father's work. Not only is this location perfect for capturing the environment that I have envisioned but it I will also be able to easily gain permission to film within this unit. Throughout my assessment of the location I recognised that there are a limited access to power sockets, meaning that an extension cable will be needed for the lighting gear needed on set. In regards to safety, shoes must be worn at all time as there are sharp object scattered across the floor, meaning that areas where the actor will be sitting or laying will have to be inspected before shooting. One factor that is both a pro and con is the space; it is very small, providing the film with a claustrophobic essence to the story. However this will mean that I will need a crew of just 3 people in order to work efficiently; height is also an issue as the ceiling is fairly low for tall people which will make time shooting in the basement fairly uncomfortable. 

I have ultimately decided to shoot the basement sequence of my project within this location as it meets all of the visual factors needed to achieve my vision as well as meets a fair standard regarding health and safety. In order to ensure that my crew and I are well during shooting, I will allocate 15 mins breaks after every hour of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment