Friday 4 December 2015

1st Editing Session

To begin my 1st editing session on 'A Lost Soul' I started off by organising all of my footage into different folders in order to help manage my workflow. By breaking my film's footage down into sections, I can focus an assembling individual sequences first and then connect them all together.

     


My main focus within this edit was to assemble all of the footage along side with the animatic ; this is to ensure that the pacing and sequencing of my project following according to my plan. However, the slight alteration I have made to the edit is by extending the office sequence of my film to test out all of the footage I've captured.As well as for editing the footage, for the sake of the first cut I have included a reference soundtrack to help me and testers understand what the emotional intention is behind a particular sequence.

     

      


After assembling the first cut of the film, I screened it and immediately identified areas that must be re-edited in order to refine the visuals or pacing; but recognising potential re-shoots to be made. Overall the first editing session was a productive moment to recollect where I currently am with the project but to also progress from here and where to head in terms of development. 


No comments:

Post a Comment