Monday 14 March 2016

'A Lost Soul' Poster 3rd Draft (Editing)

For my 3rd draft I wanted to create a new poster that resembled my original design for the poster. My overall inspiration towards the design was the poster for "Sicario". How I intend on being influenced by this poster is by using the concept of fading various images from my media product into the main image of my lead character's head. 

Inspiration

Another idea I intend on including within my poster is the element of disintegration, my inspiration for this idea was seen in form of promotional artwork for "X-men: Days of Future Past". The reason as to why this idea appeals greatly towards my product is because the idea of disintegration particularly regarding the "X-men" image it this idea of losing yourself and not being whole. For the character 'Wolverine' within the image, he appears to be struggling with the pain of loosing who he is, slowing falling apart one layer after another. This really intrigued me as this would be a very interesting concept to apply to my poster, adding the disintegration effect on the lead character 'Max' adding this visual metaphor of him loosing his soul and the impact that will have on the vessel contain his soul; without the soul the human body cannot survive and will begin the decay. This will add great depth towards the poster as it can hint a lot to the promotion of the media product as it can hint a lot to the audience as to what they can expect to see from this story.

Disintegration Inspiration 


In order to achieve this effect, I did some research towards on how I could achieve my vision. I came across this tutorial that helped explain I could present my idea of disintegration on my poster; this video provided me with a set by set guide to how I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment