Friday 25 March 2016

'A Lost Soul' Future Aspirations

Now that my media product has now been completed, my aspiration for "A Lost Soul" is to enter the product into short film festivals such as BFI, Cannes and Sundance. From these film festivals, my product will be able to reach a much broader audience which could benefit from the word of mouth. Another potential benefit would be to gain recognition from studio executives and producer in order to then gain funding to produce a feature film based on the short film "A Lost Soul"; examples of previous cases are with Wes Anderson's "Bottle Rocket" and Damien Chazelle's "Whiplash" all films that were based of the film-maker's short films created to pitch their feature film.





As for other future aspirations I have for my project, as the director if I am granted the opportunity to revisit the material within a feature film; I would like to expand on the world within the story by increasing the visual scope of the film through the IMAX experience. If the studio granted my project an IMAX release, I would then be able to edit the sequences and the sound mix accordingly ensuring that my film will certainly be able to offer the audience the best possible way to be fully immersed within my story through the large format and extensive sound system that IMAX theatres can provide.

Overall these are predominantly the main aspirations I have regarding my project and it's potential success in the future as well as the different aspirations I have as a film-maker.

1 comment: