Thursday 24 March 2016

'A Lost Soul' (Age Rating)


During the planning, I researched the BBFC and their age rating classification. Within my research I looked through the different age ratings and evaluated the various reasons as to why the BBFC would classify particular age rating.

In regards to classifying the age rating for my media product "A Lost Soul" it has been given a "15" as my product consists of the following:

  •   strong violence
  •  frequent strong language (e.g. 'f***').
  •   portrayals of sexual activity
  •   strong verbal references to sex
  •   sexual nudity
  •   brief scenes of sexual violence or verbal references to sexual violence
  •   discriminatory language or behaviour
  •   drug taking

My product meets four of these points; strong violence/blood, strong language, discriminatory language/behaviour and drug use. This is ultimately why my film has been granted a 15 certificate by the BBFC. This will strengthen the product as our target audience is young adults and older. Ultimately I am happy with this certificate as it still allows me to present may original vision without manipulating the product to fit a lower rating as this still allows me to cater my target audience, the mature demographic.

1 comment: