Thursday 11 February 2016

Evaluation Questions


As I come closer to finalising my main task, the evaluation questions  grow more relevant after every edit or decision made to the project. In order for my project to succeed; I must ensure that I am more than capable of answering the evaluation questions whilst referring to my media product.

  • In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
- The ways my media product uses conventions is to mainly ensure that the audiences are familiar with the genre of 'Thriller' as well as their expectations; by using the forms and conventions associated with the genre, I can gain their attention and resulting them in engaging with the story. How my media product challenges these conventions is by altering the idea behind the antagonist/protagonist within the story, changing the way we as an audience perceive characters based on generic codes and conventions as we tend to be introduced to the protagonist from the opening shot. I've also challenged the conventions of casting within my film by casting an asian actor as the lead of the story, something within the industry lacks as we tend to see a predominantly white cast of leading characters within film; a fixed form I intend on breaking.
  • How effective is the combination of your main and ancillary texts?
- The combination of both tasks allow me to share the content between them; which lead to the creation of both tasks.
  • What have you learned from your audience feedback?
- From my audience feedback I learn a lot in regards to what they are paying attention as they watch my media product. Picking out what they liked in relation to the story and performances; as for the negative comments, it was primarily due to not understanding certain narrative aspects. The negative criticism was brought to my attention, however there was no significant changes I could make as their questions where already answered within the product; they just were not paying close attention.
  • How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
- The various task I had required me to use new media technologies such as adobe premiere and photoshop in order to create the different ancillary tasks. The internet is a huge tool used, web 2.0 is a notion that I gathered a lot of data from that fuelled my knowledge and creativity regarding my planning and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment